What is the Portugal Golden Visa?The Portugal Golden Visa is a residency by investment program in which investors can obtain residence permits if they make an investment of at least €280,000 and maintain it over a five-year period. Eventually, a Portuguese passport can be granted, provided that the investment is held for five years at least. The scheme was first introduced in 2012 and has since brought over €5.6bn in investments to Portugal. It has resulted in residence permits for around 9,000 investors, as well as around 16,000 for family members. Traditionally, investors opt to purchase property worth €500K in Portugal's cities like Lisbon, Porto, and the coastal towns around the Algarve. However, recent Portugal Golden Visa changes mean that from 1 July 2021, investors will no longer be able to buy property in Portugal's urban centers. Instead, investors can go for the other investment routes, like investing in Portugal investment funds golden visa.
Which European country is easy to get citizenship for Lebanese nationals?Lebanese investors looking for European citizenship usually consider the Greece Golden Visa, however, there are many reasons why the Portugal Golden Visa is the best choice for Lebanese nationals.
Why the Portugal Golden Visa program is a good option for Lebanese nationals
- An investment into a more stable future
- Low stay requirement means you don’t have to relocate
- The dynamic market offers high returns for an affordable investment
- Generous tax incentives
Portugal Golden Visa is the fastest and easiest way to get a European passport for Lebanese citizensAnother key difference is the length of time it takes to get a European passport with the Portuguese Golden Visa. Unlike similar schemes in Greece and Spain, which require investors to maintain their investments for 8 and 10 years respectively, the Portuguese Golden Visa only requires applicants to wait 5 years before applying for citizenship.
What are the Golden Visa requirements for Lebanese citizens?Lebanon Golden Visa Portugal investments must be a minimum of €280,000 in order to be eligible, and also have a clean criminal record. This investment can be made through a number of different routes.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: PORTUGAL GOLDEN VISA - OCTOBER 2023
The Portugal Golden Visa program has recently undergone substantial changes. The new legislation is now in effect, and it's crucial to note that real estate investments are no longer a valid qualifying option within the program.
However, several attractive investment routes still maintain their eligibility for the program. Please refer to our comprehensive guide: Portugal Golden Visa Ultimate Guide.
Portugal Golden Visa fund investmentInvestor visas for Lebanese Citizens can also be obtained through a fund investment. There is a diverse range of investment funds to choose from in Portugal, many of which are officially approved by the financial authorities. Take a look here to find out more about fund investment in Portugal.
Lebanon Golden Visa Portugal applicationsInvesting in the Portuguese Golden Visa can be complicated if you do not speak Portuguese and are unfamiliar with the country’s legal system and bureaucracy, however, with the assistance of a specialist the process can be navigated with ease. Global Citizen Solutions specialize in residency and investment solutions in Portugal, and our team of experts has years of experience with the Portugal real estate market. We have a 100% success rate with Golden Visa applications and can help you find the perfect option for your requirements. Fill out the form below to get in touch with one of our specialists.
Why choose Global Citizen Solutions for your Portugal Golden Visa?
- Global approach by local experts: A team of experienced local case executives, immigration lawyers, and investment specialists based in Portugal.
- Independent service: We are not a marketing agency for any projects. You will access all eligible routes for the Golden Visa so you can decide on the best option, and your investment will benefit from the legal due diligence services of a reputable Portuguese Law Firm.
- 100% approval rate: We have the unique distinction of never having had a Golden Visa case rejected and have helped hundreds of clients from more than 35 countries.
- All-encompassing solution: Our dedicated onboarding and immigration teams will assist you throughout the process and beyond with a single channel of communication.
- Transparency: Our fees are clear and detailed, covering the entire process with no hidden costs.
- Privacy: Your personal data is stored within a GDPR-compliant database on a secure SSL-encrypted server.
To see the full list of reasons why to work with Global Citizen Solutions for your Portugal Golden Visa, you can find out more here: Why Work with Global Citizen Solutions for Your Golden Visa Portugal Application?