Do you need a Portugal Golden Visa lawyer? The process can be easy to navigate as long as you have the right assistance. Read on to find out why.
What is the Portugal Golden Visa?
Formally known as the ARI (Autorização de Residência para Actividade de Investimento) the Portuguese Golden Visa is a citizenship by investment program that gives investors the opportunity to obtain Portuguese citizenship in return for a minimum investment of €280,000.
A Portugal Golden Visa lawyer is an advisable requirement for any investors who are considering making an application, as the process can be difficult to navigate, particularly for those who are unfamiliar with the Portuguese bureaucracy and legal system.
The program is open to investors from outside of the EU and Switzerland with a clean criminal record and is one of the most popular programs of its kind in Europe. Since its introduction in 2012, around 8,000 investors have received residence permits, resulting in almost €5 billion worth of investment in Portugal, according to statistics released by the Portuguese border agency SEF.
If you are considering making investing in Portugal’s citizenship by investment program, take a look at our ultimate guide to Portugal’s Golden Visa program for more information.
How difficult is the Portugal Golden Visa application process?
In order to apply for the Portuguese Golden Visa there are specific documents you are required to present, as well as the correct forms and contracts. As the program demands an investment be made (usually through real estate, although Portuguese investment funds is another increasingly popular choice) a number of contracts have to be drawn up, with due diligence paid to ensure beneficial terms for the buyer. These contracts cannot be drawn up without a Portuguese lawyer. It is therefore essential that investors enlist the services of a trusted Portugal Golden Visa lawyer.
With the help of an experienced professional, the Golden Visa application process can be handled with relative ease.
Required documents for the Portugal Golden Visa
- Copy of a valid passport
- Property deeds or signed promissory contract
- Bank declaration confirming the transfer of funds
- Proof of Portuguese health insurance
- Certificate of criminal record from your country of origin
- Authorization form for SEF authorizing the extraction of Portuguese criminal record
- Portuguese tax and social security records
- Receipt of application processing fee
Do I need a Portugal Golden Visa lawyer?
There are many reasons why enlisting the services of a trusted Portuguese residency lawyer will make the Golden Visa application process much easier.
- Portuguese bureaucracy can be difficult to navigate, particularly for those unfamiliar with the Portuguese legal system, and do not speak the language
- You can avoid all the common pitfalls of investors in Portugal
- An experienced lawyer will ensure that all of the correct paperwork is submitted
- Making a mistake in documentation can result in the rejection of your Golden Visa application
Is it difficult to find a good lawyer in Portugal?
It is advisable that you enlist the services of a trusted lawyer in Portugal, as mistakes in contracts, documentation, and forms can be costly.
- Global Citizen Solutions has a 100% success rate for Portuguese Golden Visa applications
- Our experienced team of specialists will provide you with legal assistance from the start of the process to the finish
- We will tailor our advice to your needs and requirements
Get in touch for Golden Visa Portugal legal assistance.