Dominica Citizenship by Investment welcomes individuals and their respective family members to obtain Dominican citizenship in exchange for making an economic contribution to the country. As a Commonwealth country and parliamentary democracy, the Caribbean island nation of Dominica is a popular country of choice for investment citizenship. With the cost of Dominica’s economic citizenship program starting from a minimum investment of $100,000 USD, this investment program is one of the best-rated immigration schemes.
In this guide, you can find out more about Dominica economic citizenship, including the:
Your guide to Dominica citizenship by investment
Economic citizenship programs offer individuals the unique ability to gain full nationality, usually through a real estate investment or government donation option. With its tranquil scenery, breathtaking national parks, and world-class beaches, Dominica’s economic citizenship program is one of the most popular ways to obtain a second nationality. You can acquire a Dominican passport through their investment program by either purchasing real estate or donating to the Government’s Economic Diversification Fund (EDF).
Dominica citizenship by investment benefits
There are many reasons to choose this citizenship by investment program. From Dominica’s booming trade and bustling tourism industry to its paradise beaches and private lifestyle, this island nation’s investment program includes:
1. Quick application process
One of the fastest turnarounds from the date of citizenship by investment program application submission. Dominican citizenship investment program applicants get their applications processed in as little as 3 months.
2. Entire family are eligible
Spouse, children, parents, grandparents and qualified dependents are also eligible to gain citizenship and obtain Dominica passports.
3. Cheapest second passport
Dominica passport can be obtained for just a $100,000 financial contribution. Dominica passport ranking is 37th in terms of travel freedom.
4. Dual citizenship
Dominica recognizes dual citizenship which lasts a lifetime for the main applicant and qualified family members. Dominican Caribbean citizenship may also be passed down to future generations.
5. Flexible requirements
There are no residence requirements with Dominica citizenship by investment. This is not the case with other investment programs. Plus no managerial experience or interview is necessary for economic citizens.
6. Visa-free travel
Dominica’s passport power is undeniable. Dominica citizens enjoy visa free travel to over 120 countries, including Europe’s Schengen zone, the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Turkey, and more.
7. Tax freedoms
No wealth, gift, inheritance, or capital gains tax. Thus, this citizenship by investment program can play an important role in your global tax strategy.
Dominica citizenship by investment requirements
To become a citizen via this investment program, a series of Dominica passport requirements must be met first.
The foreign investor must:
- Be over 18 years old.
- Have an outstanding character.
- Have excellent health.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Pass a detailed background check.
- Have a basic knowledge of English.
What family members qualify for Dominica economic citizenship?
A key Dominica citizenship by investment benefit is that it extends to the applicant’s family members, meaning they are also eligible for Dominica citizenship.
The following family members apply:
- Inclusion of children under 18 years old
- Inclusion of dependent children aged between 18-30, who must be in full-time attendance at an institution of higher learning and fully supported by the main applicant.
- Inclusion of mentally or physically challenged dependent children, who must be fully supported..
- Inclusion of dependent parents and/or grandparents of the main applicant or of the spouse, aged 55 or above, and living with and fully supported by the applicant.
- Spouses of eligible parents or grandparents of the main applicant or of the spouse
Dominica citizenship by investment options
The Dominica investment program offers two options to choose from to obtain full citizenship.
1. Economic Diversification Fund
The Economic Diversification Fund (EDF) is a special government fund established to receive financial contributions for funding special socio-economic projects, with the aim of driving national development.
To qualify for Dominican citizenship, citizenship by investment program applicants must make a non-refundable contribution to the EDF. The cost of the contribution is determined by the number of dependents included in the application, along with qualified family members.
*Additional processing and due diligence fees apply. See below.*
2. Pre-approved real estate route
The Dominica real estate investment option requires main applicants to invest at least US$200,000 in government approved real estate. The government approved real estate must be held for at least 3 years, which increases to 5 years if the buyer is also an applicant for Dominica citizenship by investment. Most real estate options available are shares in high-end tourist accommodation. The real estate government fee is fixed but subject to change.
Dominica application processing fees:
Dominica is a tax-free country if you choose not to reside there throughout your citizenship by investment initiative.
If you decide to set up a base for six months or more in your new country of citizenship, taxes on worldwide income are required.
In addition, Dominica has double taxation treaties with the US and CARICOM. Meaning, there are no restrictions on the repatriation of profits or imported capital. There are also several corporate tax incentives, a full waiver from import duties, as well as tax relief benefits and export allowance. Dominica also offers generous tax holidays and other import duty and tax waivers.
Dominica citizenship by investment application processing time
All applications for this second citizenship are prepared by Authorised Agents on the behalf of the applicant and are assessed by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU).
The average processing time from submitting the citizenship by investment program application to receiving an application outcome is three months.
All supporting documents must be attached to applications along with the necessary fees before they can be processed by the Unit.
Where an application for citizenship by investment has been granted, the Unit will notify the authorized agent that the qualifying investment and required government administration fees must be paid before the Certificate of Registration can be granted.
Once proof of the investment unit has been submitted, successful applicants are granted citizenship and can apply for a passport.
Who can submit the application for the Dominica citizenship by investment program?
All citizenship by investment program applications are processed by an Authorised Agent.
Get in touch with our qualified advisors at Global Citizen Solutions for more information on how we can support you throughout your citizenship program application.
Step-by-step guide for your Dominica citizenship by investment application
To get a Dominica passport, follow these simple steps to achieve dual citizenship.
1. Choose an Authorised Agent to process your application
Your Authorised Agent will walk you through all the necessary paperwork and requirements for a successful citizenship application via this investment program.
2. Complete all Dominica citizenship application forms
Complete all the required documentation and application forms as provided by your Authorised Agent. Make sure all the documents are legalized according to the Dominica authorities’ standards for the citizenship by investment program (more information on document requirements below).
3. CIU assesses the application and conducts background checks
Your application is vetted in a detailed due diligence background check. The CIU will then recommend you to the government.
4. Application approved
Within 60-90 days of applying, your application should be approved in principle and a letter will be issued to your Authorised Agent, with detailed instructions on making your investment.
5. Decide on your investment program route & invest
Choose your preferred investment program option and make the contribution. Submit proof of purchase for your qualifying investment unit, as well as the government application fees. With varied investment options to choose from, the power is in your hands.
6. Become a Dominica citizen
Upon receiving proof of payment, the CIU issues the certificate of registration. Citizenship by investment program applicants must then submit the passport documents and passport application. You are then granted citizenship of Dominica and can get a Dominican passport.
Dominica document requirements:
Important information: Applications for citizenship by investment are only handled by registered Authorised Persons. Furthermore, the list of required documents is not exhaustive. The CIU may request additional supporting documentation from the applicant.
General Dominica citizenship by investment document requirements:
- Disclosure Form
- Fingerprint and Photograph Verification Form (to be completed in front of a fingerprinting officer)
- Medical Questionnaire and Certificate (to be completed by a licensed medical practitioner)
- Investment Agreement (EDF option only; to be completed by the main applicant only)
- Sales and Purchase Agreement – (real estate option only)
- Application Form, completed and notarized copies
- Colour copies of all passports held
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate/Dissolution of Marriage Certificate, if applicable
- Police Record from the country of birth, country of citizenship, country of residence (if different), and any country in which the applicant has resided for more than 6 months in the past 10 years, for each applicant 16 years and over. For children aged 12-15, a sworn affidavit by the parent that a child does not have a criminal record is required
- Colour copy of driver’s license
- Colour copies of all identity documents/books or cards
- Colour copies of all military service and discharge documents, if applicable
- Colour copies of all documents evidencing a name change (other than through marriage), if applicable
- 8 passport-size photos
- Proof of residential address (lease agreement or utility bill)
- Colour copies of university/college diplomas
- Letter of recommendation from the head of the school/university for children between 12 and 18 years old
- Notarized affidavit of support for each dependant aged 18 or over included in the application, with the exception of the spouse
- HIV test results (for all applicants aged 12 or above)
- Routine blood and urine test results
- Professional reference
- Letter of employment/financial statements
- 12 months of bank statements
- Notarized affidavit of the source of funds
- Detailed business background reports/resume/CV
- Letter to the Minister
- Proof of payment of relevant fees
Important note: Any color copies of documents must be notarized and legalized before they’re submitted. If any documents are not in English, they must be translated, notarized, and legalized prior to submission. Agents must inform applicants that their bank reference and audited financial reports for the two most recent years are required by the bank in order to process the funds.
Certification of documents
Where a document is required to be produced in support of the application for citizenship by investment program, it must be certified and authenticated in accordance with the law of the jurisdiction from where the document originates.
Dominica citizenship cost
When thinking about the Dominica inestment program cost, there are a number of fees to consider.
Note that the government fees are subject to change at the Dominican government’s discretion.
Dominica donation fees and investment options for a family of four:
EDF investment option: $100,000 for a single applicant or $200,000 for a family of up to 4 people.
Real estate option fee: $200,000 for pre-approved real estate.
Real estate government fees: $25,000 for the main applicant, $35,000 for a family of up to 4 people.
Due diligence fees: $11,500 ($7500 – Main Applicant , $4000 – Spouse & any Dependent aged 16 & above)
Processing fees: $1,000 (Per Application)
Passport fees: $900 ($300 Per Applicant)
Certificate of registration fee: $750 ($250 Per Applicant)
Bank due diligence fees: $300 (Per transaction)
Authorized Agent fees: (subject to an individual agent)
Total estimated cost : $231,950 USD
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR CLIENTS
We work first and foremost for our clients, providing unique tailor-made solutions to each individual.
Navigating citizenship by investment programs and moving abroad may seem daunting, we know this from first-hand experience. At Global Citizen Solutions, we guide our clients through each step of the citizenship process, with 100% success rates.
Contact us to learn more about the Dominica citizenship program, or to learn more about other residency and citizenship programs we work with.