Located in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, Malta is characterized by its beguiling blend of cultures, quiet villages, outdoor activities, and mesmerizing beaches tucked between secret coves. Some say the sun never stops shining in Malta, which is understandable given that the island gets about 3,000 hours of sunshine yearly.
In recent years, Malta has attracted the likes of families, investors, and business-oriented individuals looking to enhance their quality of life and safeguard their freedoms. Thanks to the Malta Permanent Residence Program (MPRP), third-country nationals (non-EU, non-EEA, or non-Swiss) can obtain Malta residency by investment. Successful investors acquire a Malta residence permit, enabling them and their families to settle in Malta and permanently live on the Mediterranean island.
In this guide to residency in Malta, you’ll learn more about:
- What the Malta residency by investment program is
- Key program benefits
- How to get Maltese residency
- Step-by-step process to a successful application
- Timeline to acquiring Maltese residency
- Document requirements
- Program costs breakdown
And so much more!
Malta residency program highlights
- Successful applicants who meet the due diligence and investment requirements obtain the right to settle, stay, and gain permanent residence in Malta.
- Visa-free travel access across the Schengen Area (90 out of 180 days on a rolling basis for countries in the Schengen Area)
- Up to four generations can be included in a single application
- Property investment options from €110,000 ($118,000)
- Access to Malta’s thriving real estate market
- Access to healthcare and education opportunities
- Must only hold onto the investment for five years
What is the Malta Residency by Investment Program?
The Malta Permanent Residence Program (MPRP) is a residency by direct investment program that enables successful applicants to obtain a Certificate of Maltese Residence, entitling them to reside in Malta with their family members indefinitely. This investment route for residency is ideal for individuals with enough capital assets looking to enhance their mobility and quality of life.