Portugal Golden Visa is one of the most popular residency-by-investment programs in the world. Since its inception in 2012, thousands of families have successfully relocated to Portugal ― the darling heart of Southwestern Europe ― and have started new lives. Why exactly is the Portuguese Golden Visa so in-demand? And why are non-EU citizens applying in the hundreds?
In this Portugal Golden Visa – A Complete Step-by-Step Guide 2022, you’ll learn more about:
- What the Portugal Golden Visa is
- Key benefits of the program
- How to get the Portugal Golden Visa
- Documents required
- Program costs
…and so much more!
Golden Visa Portugal Highlights:
- Relatively affordable investment options to choose from (real estate, investment funds, capital transfer, business set-up)
- Minimum investment from €250,000
- Requirement to spend a minimum period of seven days in the first year in Portugal, then a subsequent 14 days every two-year period
- Family members included in the application (including spouse and dependent children)
- Option to become a Portuguese citizen after the fifth year
- Visa free access to the Schengen area
- Live in a safe country with affordable living costs and a high quality of life.
What is the Portugal Golden Visa?
The Portugal Golden Visa Program, also known as the Residence Permit Program is a five-year residency-by-investment scheme for non-EU nationals. It’s part of Portugal’s immigration move to welcome investors in the country.
From its mesmerizing Atlantic coastline and luscious landscapes to its year-round sunshine, Portugal’s charm is irresistible. The golden visa grants qualifying investors and their family members the right to live, work and study in Portugal and permits free movement in Europe’s Schengen Area.
Opportunities to become a permanent resident or citizen are possible, provided that the qualifying investment is kept for at least five years, and that all requirements set forth by the Portuguese immigration and nationality laws are obeyed.
Benefits of the Program
The benefits of a Portuguese Golden Visa are one of the main reasons why foreign investors are so vested in applying and seeking residency.
Some top benefits of the program include: