Composed of a string of 80 islands, Vanuatu is the ultimate paradise for expats looking to upgrade their lifestyles. As an island nation by the South Pacific Ocean, Vanuatu is made up of mountains, lush tropical rainforests, and turquoise blue waters. Thanks to Vanuatu’s citizenship by investment, international investors can now obtain passports in this beautiful island in just two months!
In this guide, you can find out more about how to get citizenship in Vanuatu. Topics include:
- Vanuatu citizenship benefits
- Cost of Vanuatu citizenship
- Step-by-step guide on how to get Vanuatu citizenship
- Vanuatu citizenship requirements
What is Vanuatu citizenship by investment?
Vanuatu citizenship by investment is a scheme that awards qualifying investors with passports, in exchange for an investment in the country’s economic prosperity. Launched in 2017, the Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment Program is the only program in the South Pacific. Also referred to as the Vanuatu Citizenship Development Support Program (DSP), it’s the fastest way for expats to get a passport by investment.
While Vanuatu’s citizenship program isn’t the cheapest option, it certainly is one of the easiest ways to get citizenship, with relatively few investor requirements. Owning a Vanuatu passport is particularly rewarding for private individuals looking for some peace and quiet.
Vanuatu citizenship benefits
There are plenty of Vanuatu citizenship benefits to consider. From the added security of having a plan B in case of a crisis like a pandemic to diversifying your assets and living in an English-speaking nation that resembles paradise, Vanuatu citizenship truly broadens your horizons.
Vanuatu citizenship benefits include:
- Visa-free travel to over 129 countries, including the EU, UK, and Singapore
- Minimum investment from $130,000
- Receive your passport within 2 months
- No personal taxation; no wealth taxes, inheritance, gift, or income taxes
- No physical residence, visit or interview required
- The entire family is eligible for passports