Comprising around 80 countries, the island nation of Vanuatu is situated in the South Pacific Ocean. Renowned for its stunning coral reefs and caverns, white sand beaches, underwater adventures and amazing climate, this beautiful island nation also has thriving economic opportunities for foreign investors. If you are planning to reside in this charming country and get a second passport, then you should definitely opt for the Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment program. In this article, we will take you through the details of the Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment program, Vanuatu cost of passport, guidelines and more.
Benefits of Vanuatu passport
- Interested individuals can obtain Vanuatu citizenship in return for an economic investment of $130,000.
- Applicants receive the passport within one month from application.
- Vanuatu passport holders have visa free or visa on arrival access to around 96 countries in the world.
- People with Vanuatu passports have the opportunity to Fast track their application process when traveling to Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants can include their family members under this program.
- Tax-friendly nation – no personal tax, wealth tax, inheritance tax, gift or income tax.
To know more about the Vanuatu passport in details, check out our article: The Vanuatu passport
Vanuatu Cost of Passport for 2021/2022
Want to become a Vanuatu citizen? Here is a detailed break up of the Vanuatu passport cost.
Cost for a single person
For a single applicant, the cost of a Vanuatu passport is $135,500.
This consists of a minimum investment of $130,000 as government donation, service fees & $5,500 as diligence fees.
Cost for married couple
For a married couple, the cost of a Vanuatu passport is $155,500.
This consists of $150,000 government donation, service fees & $5,500 due diligence fee.
Cost for a family of three people
For a family of three, the cost of a Vanuatu passport is $170,500.
This consists of $165,000 government donation, service fees & $5,500 due diligence fee.
Cost for a family of four people
For a family of four, the cost of a Vanuatu passport is $185,500.
This consists of $180,000 government donation, service fees & $5,500 due diligence fee.
As per 2021 guidelines, applicants need to pay $5,500 to a third-party for up to a family of four members. If you have more than four family members then the following charges would be applicable.
Additional children (minor) – Applicants need to pay an amount of $10,000 per applicant.
Additional adult children (18-25 years old) – Applicants have to pay an amount of $10,000 per applicant.
Dependent parents (over 65 years) – Applicants need to pay a fee of $10,000 per applicant.
As compared to other European countries, the cost of a Vanuatu passport is relatively economical. You can become a Vanuatu citizen by obtaining dual citizenship through the Vanuatu citizenship by investment program.
Vanuatu Passport – Additional costs
Applicants must note that the above mentioned passport costs include compulsory government fees, Citizenship commission fees (for up to a family of four members), due diligence fees and professional fees. If the applicant has a family of more than four people, then the person needs to pay an additional fee per family member on the basis of the age and dependent adult and dependent child.
Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment Program Requirements
- To obtain citizenship, the main applicant should be of the minimum legal age as mentioned by the Investment program.
- The applicant should have a clean criminal record.
- The applicant should be in good health conditions, that is – he/she should not have any transmissible diseases.
- The applicant should disclose his or her personal assets.
- The applicant should not be of any potential national security risk to Vanuatu.
Vanuatu Citizenship benefits
Also known as the Vanuatu Development Support Program, the Vanuatu citizenship program offers numerous benefits to foreign investors. With a second citizenship, an individual can experience global mobility and have access to various investment opportunities.
- With a Vanuatuan passport, you can travel to around 96 countries across the world without a visa.
- Vanuatu is an extremely tax-friendly nation. The country does not levy income tax, wealth tax or estate tax. Vanuatu citizens also don’t have to pay any inheritance or capital gains tax.
- Family members including parents (more than 56 years old and dependent on the applicant) and children (up to 25 years old and dependent on the applicant) can apply for Vanuatu citizenship with the primary investor.
- Vanuatu passport holders are in a better position to apply for long-term visas to the USA or Canada.
- The Vanuatu CBI program offers a completely remote procedure for the filing of applications.
- Vanuatu allows dual citizenship
- Applicants don’t need to stay in the country
- The Vanuatu citizenship by investment program doesn’t require the submission of additional documentation of the applicant like the applicant’s drivers license.
- The process for the Vanuatu citizenship by investment program is quite easy and simple to follow
- Vanuatu citizenship costs are relatively lower than other countries that offer Citizenship programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Vanuatu citizenship cost?
The cost for Vanuatu citizenship depends on multiple factors like the number of family members, age and others. However, the cost of Vanuatu citizenship starts from $130,000.
How much time does an applicant need to complete the Vanuatu citizenship by investment program procedures?
Vanuatu has one of the fastest citizenship by investment programs in the world. The entire application process can ideally be completed within a month’s time.
For how many years does the Vanuatu passport remain valid?
The Vanuatu passport remains valid for a time period of five years. In cases where the passport holder is convicted of a serious crime or is found to violate any rules as mentioned in the Vanuatu citizenship act, then his/her passport can be repealed.
Is the Vanuatu passport worth it?
If you are looking for a second citizenship in return of minimum investment, then obtaining a Vanuatu citizenship is the perfect plan for you. Under this economic citizenship by investment program, you along with your family can obtain a Vanuatuan passport and have visa free access to around 96 countries in the world. The program also offers visa free travel to the United Kingdom for a period of six months. In addition to these, Vanuatu citizens also enjoy a quality lifestyle, great tax rebates and other benefits.
If you are planning to visit Vanuatu, obtain permanent residence or citizenship, then head to the following articles next.