Although Portugal’s Golden Visa program is not officially a “citizenship by investment” scheme, but a residency-by-investment program, clarifications made to Portuguese residency law mean that Golden Visa resident holders can obtain Portuguese permanent residency and, subsequently Portuguese passports, after just 5 years.
This has put previous doubts to rest, as applicants have a clear pathway to citizenship when fulfilling the minimum 35-day stay requirement over 5 years and passing a basic Portuguese language test. In this article, we’ll delve into the Portuguese residency law changes and provide you with vital information about the Portugal Golden Visa.
Our Portuguese residency law changes and Golden Visa article will delve into the following:
- Changes to the Portuguese residency law
- Portugal citizenship by investment precedence
- Benefits of Portugal residency by investment
- How to apply for Portugal residency by investment
- How to get a Portuguese passport by investment
- Investment options for the Portugal Golden Visa
- Plus much more!