The Citizenship by Investment Unit in St Lucia, also known as the St Lucia Official Unit, is a government authority that works to process and oversee applications made to the country’s Citizenship by Investment Program. Keep reading to find out what St Lucia’s Citizenship Unit does and how the country’s internationally respected global citizenship program continues to inspire confidence in those interested in obtaining St Lucia citizenship.
What is the St Lucia Official Unit?
- Processing all CBI applications
- Recommending suitable applicants for citizenship to the Citizenship by Investment Board
- Making recommendations to the Board to develop and improve the program
- Advising the Board on matters relating to the program
- Collecting fees
- Executing and offering technical support and advice relating to citizenship by investment in St Lucia
- Employing the best practices to carry out the CBI Program
The Citizenship by Investment Board oversees St Lucia’s Citizenship by Investment Program and the CIU. The Board consists of five members who appoint a Chief Executive Officer to head St Lucia’s Official Unit. Its other functions include coordinating the efficient operation of the program, monitoring the progression of each applicant’s application, reviewing reports from the Unit, recommending ways to develop the program to the Minister, determining the role of the Unit, publishing annual reports regarding the details of the CBI Program, and more.
The Citizenship by Investment Unit St Lucia also grants Agent Licenses to immigration companies. This is particularly important, as applicants cannot submit their CBI applications directly to the CIU. Rather, applications must be submitted on their behalf by an Authorized Agent that is licensed by the St Lucia Official Unit to market and promote the country’s CBI Program. These companies also have exclusive rights to act as CIP International Marketing Agents for St Lucia.
Who is the President of the CIU?
The CEO of the Citizenship by Investment Unit St Lucia is Mc Claude Emmanuel, who was appointed in March 2022. As CEO, his duties include ensuring the independence and integrity of the Unit and program are maintained and managed in accordance with the country’s Citizenship by Investment Act and international best practice.
The Citizenship by Investment Board
In accordance with St Lucia’s Citizenship by Investment Act, 2015, the CBI Board is a corporate body consisting of five members appointed by Cabinet. These members must include a person nominated by the Minister responsible for the CBI Program, a person nominated by the Minister responsible for national security, the Attorney General (or their appointed representative), and two Attorneys-at-law.
In addition to the functions mentioned above, the Board may request any information or document relating to an application to the St Lucia citizenship program from the main applicant, any qualifying dependent, or the Unit. After careful consideration of each application, the Board determines whether they should be approved, denied, or delayed for cause.
St Lucia citizenship by investment program
St Lucia’s Citizenship by Investment Program was launched in 2015 and is regulated by the Citizenship by Investment Act No.14 of 2015. The program is highly ranked among the world’s CBI programs and attracts high-net-worth individuals who are interested in St Lucia’s growing economy and global business opportunities. A way for investors to make a qualifying investment into the island and obtain citizenship, the program offers four different routes for investment: The National Economic Fund, real estate investment, enterprise investment, and government bonds.
National Economic Fund
Investors make a non-refundable minimum investment of $100,000 into a government fund that is used to support government-sponsored projects.
Real estate investment
Investors can invest a minimum of $200,000 in a government-approved property. The investment must be held for five years, following which it can be resold.
Investors can choose one of two options – apply as a solo investor or as part of a joint venture. A solo investor must contribute a minimum of $3,500,000. The joint venture must be worth at least $6,000,000, and each investor is required to make a minimum investment of $1,000,000.
Investors must purchase $300,000 worth of National Action Government Bonds (NAB). The bonds are not interest-bearing and can be fully recovered after five years.
Contact us to start your citizenship by investment journey.
Citizenship by Investment - Application Process
1. Choose your investment route
2. Complete all application forms
3. Submit your application
4. Receive approval from the CIU
5. make your investment
6. Become a St Lucia citizen
- Choose your investment route: Decide which of the investment routes is best for you, either making a non-refundable contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund or purchasing real estate.
- Gather documents and complete all application forms: Complete all the forms and necessary documents as provided by Global Citizen Solutions.
- Submit your application through an agent: Your dedicated specialist will submit the application on your behalf*.
- Receive the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) approval of application: Within three to four months of applying, you will receive a confirmation letter with the status ‘approved in principle’.
- Make your investment: Make the investment, pay the additional fees, and send proof to the CIU.
- Become a citizen: You and your family will be granted citizenship of St Lucia and receive your passports at an address of your choice.
*The CIU doesn’t accept applications directly from applicants but only from Authorized Agents who are previously approved. These agents will provide the forms and submit the application.
St Lucia is a popular island destination in the Caribbean with an economy based mainly on tourism and agriculture. Once you obtain St Lucia citizenship and receive your St Lucia passport, you can benefit from visa-free access to over 140 countries, no income tax on worldwide income, no capital gains tax or inheritance tax, and dual citizenship in a country that is part of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and the British Commonwealth.
You can read more in our article: Everything You Need to Know About the St Lucia Passport.
You’ll find an unmatched lifestyle on the island of Saint Lucia with something to do at any time of the day. The island’s bustling nightlife, picturesque natural landscapes, rich culture, and diverse culinary delights offer something for everyone – from digital nomads looking for adventure to families and retirees looking to enjoy a peaceful slice of paradise in this popular Caribbean country.
In addition to its attractive tourism industry, the island is strategically located to serve regional and international markets because of its proximity to the North and South American markets and countries that are part of CARICOM.
Why use Global Citizen Solutions?
Global Citizen Solutions is a multidisciplinary firm offering bespoke residence and citizenship solutions in Europe and the Caribbean. In a world where the economy and politics are unpredictable, having a second citizenship opens up opportunities and creates flexibility for you and your family.
- Authorized International Marketing Agent. Global Citizen Solutions have official certification by the Government of St Lucia to promote and market their Citizenship by Investment program. You can find a copy of our certificate by clicking the image on the right
- Global approach by local experts. We are corporate members of the Investment Migration Council, with local expertise in all five Caribbean CBI programs.
- 100 percent approval rate. We have never had a case rejected and will offer you an initial, free-of-charge, due diligence assessment before signing any contract.
- Independent service and full transparency. We will present to you all the investment options available, and all expenses will be discussed in advance, with no hidden fees.
- An all-encompassing solution. A multidisciplinary team of immigration lawyers, investment specialists, and tax experts will take into consideration all your and your family's mobility, tax, and lifestyle needs.
- Confidential service and secure data management. All private data is stored within a GDPR-compliant database on a secure SSL-encrypted server.
- Global Citizen Solutions is an Authorized Agent licensed by the Citizenship by Investment Unit St Lucia.
Frequently Asked Questions About the St Lucia Official Unit
What is the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) in Saint Lucia?
The Citizenship by Investment Unit in Saint Lucia is a government authority that manages the country’s Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP). The CIU, also known as the St Lucia Citizenship Unit or Official Unit, processes all applications and is overseen by the Citizenship by Investment Board in Saint Lucia.
Can you buy Saint Lucia citizenship?
No, you cannot buy Saint Lucia citizenship. However, you can apply to the country’s Citizenship by Investment Program, which allows investors to make a minimum financial contribution to the country’s economy and receive citizenship. Qualifying investments start from $100,000, and applicants can choose from four investment options: making a government bond investment, a business investment, a property investment, or contributing to the National Economic Fund.
In addition to making a qualifying investment, the applicant and any included family members must meet the program’s eligibility requirements, such as having a clean criminal record.
Why should I get Saint Lucia citizenship?
There are a number of advantages to obtaining a St Lucia passport. For example, St Lucia citizens enjoy visa-free access to over 140 countries, including the Schengen Area, the UK, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Additionally, you can live in any of the 15 CARICOM member states, enjoy favorable tax benefits, and pass this second citizenship on to future generations.
What is the cost of citizenship in Saint Lucia?
The cost of obtaining citizenship in St Lucia will depend on which route of the country’s economic citizenship program you choose, and the number of family members included in the application. Qualifying investments start at $100,000 for a single applicant donating to the national fund. Applicants must also pay due diligence fees and administration fees.
Can I get dual citizenship in Saint Lucia?
The St Lucia government recognizes dual citizenship and offers a selection of investment routes under its CBI program that enable individuals to obtain citizenship in St Lucia in exchange for a minimum investment. Investors can choose between making a non-refundable contribution of at least $100,000 to a government fund, a real estate investment of at least $200,000, purchasing government bonds worth at least $300,000, and investing at least $3,500,000 in an approved enterprise project.