The St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Unit has announced reduced prices for foreign investors interested in purchasing real estate in the country or buying government bonds as a way to acquire Caribbean citizenship:
Real Estate minimum investment: reduced to $200,000 from $300,000
From Jan 2023, real estate investments starting at $200,000 are eligible for St Lucia Citizenship by investment. That amount is a steep drop from the previous minimum investment of $300,000.
Currently, it’s possible to buy shares of two projects: the Alpina Saint Lucia Hotel & Alpina Square and the Saint Lucia Canelles Resort.
Government Bonds: reduced to $300,000 from the $500,000 regular price
For those interested in buying government bonds, the minimum investment is now $300,000 in the National Action Bond, to be retained for five years.
This amount is the same regardless of the number of family members included in the application.
This option replaces the Covid-19 Relief Bond, available from 2020 until the end of last year, which had a minimum threshold of $250,000 for single applicants and $300,000 for a family of four. Before that, the regular minimum investment in bonds was $500,000, which means that St Lucia CIP Unit is now offering an option 40% cheaper than pre-2020 bond prices.
The other two investment routes, a contribution to the National Economic Fund (NEF) and the Enterprise Investment, remain the same.
St Lucia Citizenship by Investment options in 2023
By applying to the Citizenship by Investment Program, you and your family can receive citizenship from this Caribbean Country in exchange for a qualifying investment. You can choose one of the following options:
1. Contribute to the National Economic Fund (NEF) – minimum donation
- Sole applicant: $100,000
- Applicant with spouse: $140,000
- Applicant with spouse and up to two other qualifying dependents: $150,000
- Each additional qualifying dependent of any age: $25,000
- Each qualifying dependent in addition to a family of four (family includes a spouse): $15,000
There is no administration fee for this option.
2. Purchase real estate
The applicant must buy property in one of the developments previously approved by the government, usually high-end resorts and boutique properties.
- Minimum investment: $200,000
This option incurs a government fee, starting at $30,000. You can find all the details in our St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Ultimate Guide.
3. Make an enterprise investment
This option includes enterprises such as cruise ports and marinas, specialty restaurants, infrastructure, research, etc. The applicant can choose to make a sole investment or take part in a joint investment.
- Sole investment: minimum investment of $3.5 million
- Joint investment: the applicant must contribute $1 million in an investment worth $6 million or more in total.
This option incurs a government fee, starting at $50,000. You can find all the details in our St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Ultimate Guide.
4. Invest in Government Bonds
Saint Lucia’s citizenship by investment can also be obtained through the purchase of National Action Government Bonds, which are non-interest bearing, and must be held for five years.
- Minimum investment of $300,000, irrespective of the number of dependents.
This option also incurs a government fee of $50,000, which covers all family members.
For more details about this CBI program, check our St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Ultimate Guide.
Benefits of a Saint Lucia passport
Being a St Lucia citizen, you and your family will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Visa-free travel to over 140 countries, including the European nations in the Schengen Area, the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore. For Iranian applicants, it provides greater mobility than the Iranian passport.
- Extendable to all the family, including spouse, children up to 30 years, parents, grandparents, and siblings.
- No residency or visit requirements. The whole process can be done remotely.
- Fast passport. According to the CIP Unit, application processing times in 2020/2021 were 66 days on average.
- Tax freedoms. As a Saint Lucia citizen, you will not be subject to capital, wealth, and inheritance tax on worldwide income.
Why work with Global Citizen Solutions?
- Global approach by local experts. We are corporate members of the Investment Migration Council, with local expertise in all six Caribbean CBI programs.
- 100% approval rate. We never had a case rejected and will offer you an initial, free-of-charge, due diligence assessment before signing any contract.
- Independent service and full transparency. We will present to you all the investment options available, and all expenses will be discussed in advance, with no hidden fees.
- An all-encompassing solution. A multidisciplinary team of immigration lawyers, investment specialists, and tax experts will take into consideration all your and your family’s mobility, tax, and lifestyle needs.
- Confidential service and secure data management. All private data is stored within a GDPR-compliant database on a secure SSL-encrypted server.