Surrounded by the Caribbean sea, stunning landscapes, beautiful flora and fauna, Antigua and Barbuda is a charming island country attracting tourists and foreign investors from all across the world. Owing to its popular Citizenship by Investment program, obtaining an Antigua and Barbuda passport has become relatively easier. Antigua and Barbuda passport holders have visa free access to more than 140 countries and thus enjoy the benefit of global mobility. With an Antigua and Barbuda passport, people can travel to popular destinations like Hong Kong, Singapore and countries in the Schengen area. Keep reading this blog to know all about the Antigua and Barbuda Visa Free countries, Antigua and Barbuda passport and Citizenship by Investment program offered by the country.
Antigua and Barbuda Visa Free Countries list
Antigua and Barbuda passport holders can travel around 119 countries without a visa. In other 31 countries, citizens of Antigua and Barbuda can access visa on arrival. Visitors must note that an electronic travel authorization (eTA) is needed before their visit to Sri Lanka.
Owing to continuous change in travel restrictions around the world, it is advisable to check the latest entry guidelines of your selected country before you plan your travel.
|Angola||pre-visa on arrival|
|Bangladesh||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Bolivia||visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||visa-free/90 days|
|Burkina Faso||visa required|
|Burundi||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Cape Verde||visa on arrival (EASE)|
|Central African Republic||visa required|
|Comoros||visa on arrival/45 days|
|Congo (Dem. Rep.)||eVisa/90 days|
|Costa Rica||visa-free/90 days|
|Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)||pre-enrollment/90 days|
|Czech Republic||visa-free/90 days|
|Egypt||visa on arrival / eVisa/30 days|
|El Salvador||visa-free/90 days|
|Equatorial Guinea||visa required|
|Guinea-Bissau||visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days|
|Hong Kong||visa-free/90 days|
|Jordan||visa on arrival|
|Laos||visa on arrival / eVisa/30 days|
|Lebanon||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Madagascar||visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days|
|Maldives||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Marshall Islands||COVID-19 ban|
|Mauritania||visa on arrival|
|Mozambique||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Myanmar [Burma]||visa required|
|Nepal||visa on arrival/90 days|
|New Zealand||visa required|
|Nigeria||pre-visa on arrival|
|North Korea||visa required|
|North Macedonia||visa-free/90 days|
|Palau||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Papua New Guinea||eVisa/30 days|
|Russian Federation||visa-free/90 days|
|Rwanda||visa on arrival / eVisa/30 days|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||visa-free|
|Samoa||visa on arrival/60 days|
|San Marino||visa-free/90 days|
|Sao Tome and Principe||eVisa|
|Saudi Arabia||visa required|
|Seychelles||tourist registration/90 days|
|Sierra Leone||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Solomon Islands||visa on arrival/90 days|
|Somalia||visa on arrival/30 days|
|South Africa||visa-free/30 days|
|South Korea||eTA/90 days|
|Sri Lanka||eTA/30 days|
|St. Vincent and the Grenadines||visa-free|
|Timor-Leste||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Togo||visa on arrival/7 days|
|Trinidad and Tobago||visa-free|
|Tuvalu||visa on arrival/30 days|
|United Arab Emirates||eVisa|
|United Kingdom||visa-free/180 days|
|United States of America||visa required|
|Vatican City||visa-free/90 days|
Top Antigua and Barbuda Visa Free countries 2022
With an Antigua and Barbuda passport, you can travel to popular countries in the Schengen area, United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Singapore without applying for a visa.
Since Antigua and Barbuda is a Commonwealth member nation, citizens of this country can travel to the United Kingdom visa free. Antigua and Barbuda passport holders can stay in the United Kingdom for a period of 180 days consecutively.
With an Antigua and Barbuda citizenship, you can travel visa free to the Schengen area and stay for a period of 90 days in any 180 days period or three months within any six month period of your choice.
Antigua and Barbuda passport holders can go for visa free travel to popular Asian countries like Singapore and Hong Kong and stay there for a period of thirty days and 90 days respectively. If you are a foreign investor with business opportunities in these countries, then the Antigua and Barbuda passport is ideal for you.
How to get an Antigua and Barbuda passport?
To obtain an Antigua and Barbuda passport, interested individuals can apply through the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program. You can obtain an Antigua passport in exchange for a minimum investment of $100,000.
Investment Routes for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship
If you want to apply for an Antiguan passport, you can do so by investing through one of these four routes that are available.
- You can donate a minimum of $100,000 to the National Development Fund
- You can make a minimum investment of $400,000 in a pre-approved real estate project. Investors must keep in mind that they need to purchase and hold the property for a minimum period of five years
- You can invest a minimum amount of $1.5 million to set up a business in Antigua and Barbuda. If you are planning to avail this option for investment, you can also make a joint investment of US$ 5,000,000. Each investor must contribute with a minimum of US$400,000 to the joint investment.
- You can also donate a minimum amount of $150K to the University of the West Indies Fund. This option is available to families of six members or more.
Visa Requirements for Antigua and Barbuda Passport
To get your Antigua and Barbuda passport application form processed, you need to meet all the following requirements.
- Applicant should be over the age of 18
- Applicant should have no criminal record
- Applicant must have excellent character record
- Applicant must be in excellent health condition
- The applicant must have high personal net worth
- Once the applicant has been registered as a citizen, he/she needs to reside in the country for five days within five years
- The applicant should be able to take the allegiance oath in Antigua and Barbuda or at the nearest embassy/consulate of Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda passport benefits
- Obtaining an Antigua and Barbuda passport is relatively economical
- You can get the Antigua and Barbuda passport within a short period of five months
- You can include your extended family members
- You can travel visa free to more than 140 countries
- There is no requirement for specific education/language know how
- There is no tax levied on worldwide income
Antigua and Barbuda restricted countries list
Here is a list of countries from where citizens cannot apply for an Antigua and Barbuda passport.
- North Korea
But applicants must note that if the individual has immigrated before 18 years old or have a permanent residence in the following countries – Canada, United Kingdom, United States of America, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, and The United Arab Emirates for a period of ten years or more and have no economic relationship with any of the restricted countries can apply for the Antigua and Barbuda citizenship.
You can also include your following family members for the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Program:
- Your spouse or future spouse
- Children under the age of 18
- Children (18 years – 30 years old) who is financially dependent of the main applicant
- Dependent children over the age of 18 who are specially abled
- Parents/Grandparents of the primary applicant or of the spouse who are 55 years old and more are dependent financially on the applicant
- Sibling of the primary applicant, or of his/her spouse if they are unmarried
- Future spouse of the primary applicant
- Future spouse of dependent children financially dependent on the primary applicant
- Future child of a dependent child.
Antigua and Barbuda required documents
Here is the complete list of the documents required for the application of Antigua and Barbuda citizenship.
Application Forms –
- Citizenship by Investment Application (Form AB1)
- Photograph and Signature Certificate (Form AB2)
- Medical Certificate (Form AB3)
- Investment Confirmation (Form AB4)
- Agent Form (Form AB5)
Passport Application Forms Required-
- Antigua & Barbuda Passport L Form (16 and older)
- Antigua & Barbuda Passport M Form (Under 16)
Citizenship by Investment – Investment routes
- Real Estate Developer Application (Form AB8)
- Business Investment Application (Form AB9)
Forms for Agents & Representatives
- Representatives and Service Providers (Form AB6)
- Agent’s License Form (Form AB7)
Other documents required for application
- Completed AB1-5 application forms
- Completed all citizenship by investment forms as per the investment route chosen
- Police certificate from the country of residence/citizenship.
- Certified copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- Certified copy of the applicant’s current passport – highlighting the applicant’s name, photo, nationality, date, place of issuance, expiry date, passport number.
- 8 original passport-sized photographs of the applicant(s) that have been shot in the last six months. Applicants must ensure to certify at least one of the photos.
- The applicant’s medical certificates should also include HIV test results that are not more than three months old.
Supporting documents required for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship
- Applicants need to share original bank reference letter that has been issued by a globally recognized bank and is not old than six months
- Applicants also need to submit an original professional reference letter authorized from an attorney, notary public, official accountant or other professional of equivalent background. The letter should not be more than six months old
- Original document of residential address proof
- Original/Certified copy of marriage certificate (as applicable)
- Certified copy of divorce papers (if applicable)
- Financial statements highlighting your source of funds that has been invested in Antigua and Barbuda
- An affidavit of support for each dependent over the age of 18
- Certified copy of military records or exemption from military services (if applicable)
Other documents required for real estate investment
The copy of the real estate agreement needs to be shared along with the application forms
Evidence of title transfer to be shared once the applicant has received the approval in principle
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment – Application Process
You need to follow these simple steps to obtain the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship.
Month 1 – Preparation
- The applicant first needs to select the best investment option according to their needs and requirements
- Next, the applicant needs to choose an authorized agent to ensure smooth application process
- Collection of all required documents and submission of the application to the Citizenship by Investment agency
30-60 days – Processing
- The Citizenship By Investment (CIU) agency will then perform a background check and approve the application
- The applicant must then proceed with their financial investment and show its proof
Month 5 – Application for citizenship
- The applicant must then pay his/her passport fees and obtain the Certificate of Registration
- Once all this is done, then you are eligible to become a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda visa fee
If you are planning to get an Antigua and Barbuda passport, you need to pay various different fees.
Antigua and Barbuda – The National Development Fund
|Fee Type||Individual||Family (4 members)||Family (4+ members)|
|Processing fees||$30,000||$25,000||$25,000 for a family of 4 persons and $15,000 for each additional dependent|
|Diligence Fees||$7,500||$7,500+$7,500 for spouse, $2,000 per dependent (12-17 years old) $4,000 per dependent (12-17 years old) $4,000 per dependent (18 years and above)||$7,500+$7,500 for spouse, $2,000 per dependent (12-17 years old) $4,000 per dependent (12-17 years old) $4,000 per dependent (18 years and above)|
Antigua and Barbuda | Real estate and business investment routes
|Fee Type||Individual||Family (4 members)||Family (4+ members)|
|Processing Fees||$30,000||$50,000||$50,000 for a family of 4 and + payment of $15,000 for each additional dependent|
|Due Diligence||$7,500||$7,500+$7,500 for spouse, $2,000 per dependent (12-17 years old) $4,000 per dependent (12-17 years old) $4,000 per dependent (18 years and above)|
Antigua and Barbuda – Due Diligence and Passport fees
|Dependent child (Less than 11 years old)||$0||$0|
|Dependent child (12 -17 years old)||$2,000||$5,400|
|Dependent (18-25 years
(55 years old and more)
|Passport fee/per person||$300||$810|
Antigua and Barbuda – Family Application Fees (Addition of dependents)
|Dependent child (0-11 years old)||$25,000||$67,500|
|Dependent child (12-17 years old)||$25,000||$67,500|
(55 years old and more)
Frequently Asked Questions
How many countries can you enter with an Antigua and Barbuda passport?
With an Antigua and Barbuda passport, you can visit more than 140 countries without a visa.
Do I need to reside in Antigua and Barbuda for citizenship?
Once you are registered as a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda, you need to reside in the country for five days within five years of your citizenship.
Do Antiguans need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom?
No. If you are an Antigua and Barbuda passport holder, then you can enter the United Kingdom without a visa. Antigua and Barbuda citizens can also spend six months in the United Kingdom.
What is the rank of the Antigua and Barbuda Passport?
According to the Global Passport Index, the Antigua and Barbuda passport ranks 63rd. The passport offers you various advantages including global mobility.
Will I have to travel to Antigua and Barbuda to complete the citizenship process?
No, you don’t have to travel to Antigua and Barbuda to obtain your citizenship. You can do so from your current country of residence. Once your application for your citizenship is successful, then you can either travel to Antigua and Barbuda to take the Allegiance oath or can do the same from your nearest embassy or consulate in your current country of residence.
For more information on Antigua and Barbuda, you can check out the following articles: