Located between the Atlantic ocean and the Caribbean sea, St Kitts and Nevis is a charming island nation in the Caribbean. Home to majestic mountains, alluring beaches, vibrant rainforests ,adventurous hiking trails and more, the country is one of the most attractive tourist spots across the world and along with it also boasts of a thriving economy, real estate market, world class healthcare and educational opportunities. With a St Kitts and Nevis passport, you can go for visa-free travel to more than 140 countries around the world. In this blog, we will take you through the St Kitts and Nevis Visa-Free Countries list, St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by investment, Application procedure for St Kitts and Nevis passport and more.
St Kitts and Nevis Visa-Free Countries
St Kitts and Nevis passport holders have visa-free access to more than 140 countries across the globe. With a St Kitts and Nevis passport, you can travel to popular destinations like countries in the Schengen area, Great Britain, Singapore and Hong Kong and more. Here is the complete list of Saint Kitts and Nevis visa-free countries.
St Kitts visa-free countries list
|Angola||pre-visa on arrival|
|Antigua and Barbuda||visa-free/180 days|
|Bolivia||visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||visa-free/90 days|
|Burkina Faso||visa required|
|Burundi||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Cape Verde||visa on arrival (EASE)|
|Central African Republic||visa required|
|Comoros||visa on arrival/45 days|
|Congo (Dem. Rep.)||eVisa/90 days|
|Costa Rica||visa-free/90 days|
|Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)||pre-enrollment/90 days|
|Czech Republic||visa-free/90 days|
|El Salvador||visa-free/90 days|
|Equatorial Guinea||visa required|
|Guinea-Bissau||visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days|
|Hong Kong||visa-free/90 days|
|Jordan||visa on arrival|
|Laos||visa on arrival / eVisa/30 days|
|Lebanon||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Madagascar||visa on arrival / eVisa/90 days|
|Maldives||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Marshall Islands||COVID-19 ban|
|Mauritania||visa on arrival|
|Mozambique||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Myanmar [Burma]||visa required|
|Nepal||visa on arrival/90 days|
|New Zealand||visa required|
|Nigeria||pre-visa on arrival|
|North Korea||visa required|
|North Macedonia||visa-free/90 days|
|Palau||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Papua New Guinea||eVisa/30 days|
|Russian Federation||visa-free/90 days|
|Samoa||visa on arrival/60 days|
|San Marino||visa-free/90 days|
|Sao Tome and Principe||eVisa|
|Saudi Arabia||visa required|
|Seychelles||tourist registration/90 days|
|Sierra Leone||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Solomon Islands||visa on arrival/90 days|
|Somalia||visa on arrival/30 days|
|South Africa||visa required|
|South Korea||eTA/90 days|
|Sri Lanka||eTA/30 days|
|St. Vincent and the Grenadines||visa-free|
|Timor-Leste||visa on arrival/30 days|
|Togo||visa on arrival/7 days|
|Tonga||visa on arrival/31 days|
|Trinidad and Tobago||visa-free|
|Tuvalu||visa on arrival/30 days|
|United Arab Emirates||eVisa|
|United Kingdom||visa-free/180 days|
|United States of America||visa required|
|Vatican City||visa-free/90 days|
|Viet Nam||visa required|
Visa-free travel to Schengen area
St Kitts and Nevis citizens can travel visa-free to countries in the Schengen area. They can stay in the Schengen area for a period of 90 days within a 180 days period. The visa-free access to the Schengen area makes the St Kitts and Nevis passport ideal for individuals visiting the Schengen zone for a business trip or for some other small trips.
Visa-free travel to Great Britain
Since St Kitts and Nevis is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, St Kitts and Nevis citizens therefore can visit the United Kingdom without a visa. St Kitts and Nevis passport holders can also spend up to 180 days consecutively in the UK.
Visa-free travel to Singapore and Hong Kong
Foreign investors with business opportunities in Asia must definitely obtain second citizenship in St Kitts and Nevis as the passport offers visa-free travel to popular Asian countries and business hubs like Singapore and Hong Kong. With a St Kitts and Nevis passport, you can spend up to a period of 30 days in Singapore and 90 days in Hong Kong.
Obtain US Visa for 10 years
St Kitts and Nevis citizenship will help you to obtain a US tourist visa valid for a period of 10 years. To apply for a US visa, you can reach out to your nearest American consulate/embassy. The St Kitts and Nevis passport offers citizens better mobility across the world and better work, business and travel and educational opportunities.
St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship benefits
- The country recognizes dual citizenship
- With a St Kitts and Nevis passport, you can travel to more than 140 countries
- Economical and flexible Citizenship by Investment Program
- Your entire family is eligible for citizenship
- Tax-friendly nation
- You can obtain St Kitts and Nevis passport within a very short period of time
St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship eligibility
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind if you are applying for the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program.
- The applicant should be over the age of 18
- The applicant should be of excellent character
- The applicant should be in excellent health
- The applicant should be a high net worth individual
- The applicant should not have any criminal record
- The applicant should pass the stringent security check
- The applicant should be able to prove his/her financial records and character through bank statements and references
Eligibility of family members for St Kitts and Nevis citizenship
Read the following to know about the eligibility of your family members for the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship Program.
- Spouse of the applicant
- Children of the applicant or spouse under the age of 18. Children within the age group of 18-25 years old dependent on the parent and in education or specially abled children over the age 18 are also eligible
- Dependent parents and grandparents of the applicant or the spouse aged 55 or above
- Siblings of the main applicant or spouse, if they are unmarried, childless, 25 years of age or younger, and dependent on the applicant for financial support
St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship - Investment Options
If you are planning to obtain St Kitts and Nevis citizenship through the country’s citizenship by investment program, then you can do so by investing in the country through two main investment routes: Sustainable Growth Fund and Real estate investment.
St Kitts and Nevis – Sustainable Growth Fund | Minimum donation
Special limited offer from 1 Jan to 30 June 2023:
- Main applicant: $125,000
- Main applicant and spouse: $150,000
- Main applicant, spouse, and two dependents: $170,000
- Additional dependent under 18: $10,000 each
- Additional dependent over 18: $25,000 each
From 1 July 2023
- Main applicant: $150,000
- Main applicant and spouse: $175,000
- Main applicant, spouse, and two dependents: $195,000
- Additional dependent under 18: $10,000 each
- Additional dependent over 18: $25,000 each
Real estate investment in St Kitts and Nevis
You can choose from any of the following real estate investment options to secure second citizenship in St Kitts and Nevis.
- Purchase shares of pre-approved property developments. Minimum investment: $200,000 (resalable after seven years).
- Purchase a private sale home, pre-approved by the government. Minimum investment: $400,000 (resalable after five years).
Public Benefit Option (PBO)
This third option allows applicants to invest directly in a project, previously approved by the government, that benefits the population of St Kitts and Nevis, known as Approved Public Benefit Projects.
- Minimum investment: $175,000
St Kitts and Nevis – Application Process
Month 1 – Preparation
- First, you need to select the best investment route as per your needs
- Second, select an authorized agent to handle your application process
- Collect all the documents required and submit your application form to the CIU agency
60 to 90 days – Processing Time
During this time period, the Citizenship Investment Unit will take a look at your application and approve/reject it
Month 3 or 4 – Application for citizenship
- Submit your passport fee for obtaining your certificate of registration
- Once, everything is completed you will be recognized as a citizen of St Kitts and Nevis
St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment – Overview
Program characteristics St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship By Investment
- Application time – Around two months
- Passport Global ranking – 55th
- Qualifying investment– Minimum investment: $125,000 (special offer from 1 Jan to 30 June 2023)
- Taxes – No income, inheritance or gift tax levied
- Residence rule – There are no stay requirements.
- Family eligibility – spouse, dependent children under the age of 25 in education, siblings under certain circumstances, and dependent parents or grandparents over 55 of the primary applicant can be included
- Application requirements– No interview, language or residency requirements are required
How can I obtain a St Kitts and Nevis passport?
Through the St Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program, you can obtain a St Kitts and Nevis passport in return for a minimum economic investment of $125,000 (special offer from 1 Jan to 30 June 2023) within a very short time of two months.
Can I work in St Kitts and Nevis?
To be able to work in St Kitts and Nevis, you need to apply for a work permit. But before applying for a work permit in this island country, you need to have an established legal residency.
St Kitts and Nevis Application Processing time?
It takes around three months for your application to get processed if you have opted for the standard application procedure. But you can also fast track your application through the Accelerated Application Process, where your application will be processed and you will receive an approval letter within 60 days.
For further information on St Kitts and Nevis, you can check out the following articles below:
- St Kitts and Nevis Immigration
- St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment – The Ultimate Guide by Experts
- St Kitts and Nevis vs Dominica passport