Portugal Golden Visa real estate investment | After the 2022 changes
Initiated in October 2012, Portugal’s Residence Permit Program — also known as the Portugal Golden Visa (ARI) — is one of the most popular visa programs in the world. The Portugal Golden Visa program enables non-EU individuals to get a five-year residency by making a qualifying investment into the country, and, following this, they can apply for Portuguese citizenship after five years, provided they meet all the requirements set out by the Portuguese government.
Many expats and investors from every corner of the world are flocking to Portugal either to settle with their families or to invest and benefit from the Golden Visa’s available options. If you’re considering the Portugal Golden Visa though making a real estate investment, and you’re interested to know all about the new rules applied in 2022, this article will provide you with information on the following:
- What are the latest changes to the Portugal Golden Visa program?
- Detailed information about the eligible real estate investment options
- What is the current situation for investment in big areas like Lisbon, Porto, and the Algarve?
- A general brief about what you should consider regarding the Portugal Golden Visa
- How can Global Citizen Solutions help you speed up the process?
Interested? Then, let’s dive into more details and provide you with everything you should know so that you are well-prepared and can start your Golden Visa process through the real estate investment route, taking into consideration the new rules that now apply.