Set against the backdrop of natural hot springs and tropical rainforests, Dominica is a Caribbean island that is not only famous for its picturesque landscape but also advanced infrastructure. Be it the economy, education, or healthcare, Dominica is moving forward by leaps and bounds. In this article, we will help you primarily understand the healthcare system operating in the country and the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program.
Healthcare Facilities Available in Dominica
Since this is a small island nation, medical care is somewhat restricted. Dominica currently has one main hospital – Princess Margaret Hospital (Contact No- (767) 448-2231/5720).
In addition to this, the country has another hospital and various other healthcare clinics. In case of emergencies, private hospitals in Dominica are equipped to tackle them.
The ambulance service in the country is also limited, and in case of emergency evacuation to other countries, you might have to pay a hefty amount of money. Payment through cash for medical services is the preferred mode of payment in the country.
Access to healthcare services in Dominica
- Drinking Water Source – percentage of total population unimproved – 4.3 percentage
- Drinking Water Source – percentage of the urban population improved – 95.7 percentage
- Hospital Bed Density – beds/1,000 population – 3.8
- Physicians Density – physicians/1,000 population – 1.59
- Sanitation Facility Access – percentage of total population unimproved – 18.9 percentage
- Sanitation Facility Access – percentage of urban population improved – 79.6 percentage
- Sanitation Facility Access – percentage of rural population improved – 84.3 percentage
Access to healthcare for specially-abled people
Compared to countries like the United States, access to medical services for disabled people is challenging in Dominica. Be it pedestrian paths, transportation, sidewalks, or ramps, it is not very friendly for people with disabilities to navigate the medical infrastructure of the country. Moreover, restaurants, buildings, and buses could be more accomodating for specially-challenged people in the country.
Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program is one of the most affordable programs in the world. You can obtain citizenship in the country in return for investment in the Economic Diversification Fund of the county or in real estate by investing a minimum amount of $100,000 and $200,000 respectively.
Benefits of the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
- You can include your entire family in your Dominica passport application.
- The application process is quite hassle-free.
- The country has got great tax benefits.
- With a Dominica passport, you can travel visa-free to more than 140 countries around the world.
- There are no residency requirements to apply for Dominica citizenship.
To learn more about Dominica, you can read the following articles:
Frequently Asked Questions About Dominica Healthcare
Does Dominica have good healthcare?
Compared to other developed countries, Dominica has limited access to human resources, medical supplies, and infrastructure.
What is the life expectancy in Dominica?
As per the World Bank, the average life expectancy in Dominica is 76.6 years
Does Dominica provide free healthcare?
Dominica provides free primary healthcare at seven major healthcare centers and 44 clinics.
Does Dominica have hospitals?
There are five hospitals in Dominica. Among these, four of them are run by the government, and one is privately run. The Princess Margaret Hospital is the most significant hospital in the country, followed by other hospitals like the Marigot Hospital, Grand Bay Hospital, and Portsmouth Hospital. Princess Margaret Hospital is the one that is well-equipped to deal with emergencies.