Situated in the South Pacific Ocean, Vanuatu is a beautiful country comprising around 80 islands. In addition to having breathtaking landscapes, clear blue waters, stunning architecture and rich cultural history, the country also provides great economic opportunities for foreign investors. Thinking of visiting the country during the next holiday season? Look no further. In this blog, we will cover all bases – Vanuatu Tourist Visa, Requirements, Application procedure, and more.
Vanuatu Tourist Visa
Vanuatu tourist visas are granted to tourists who wish to visit Vanuatu for a short period of time. Although the tourist visa is given to citizens from almost all nationalities across the world, there are certain exceptions. For instance, when an applicant doesn’t meet all the requirements of the tourist visa, he/she can be denied the Vanuatu Tourist Visa. So make sure to opt for the right kind of visa while planning to visit the island country.
List of countries that can get a visitors visa upon arrival in Vanuatu
Antigua and Barbuda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Trinidad and Tobago
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Vatican City (Holy City)
All European Union citizens
United Arab Emirates
Papua New Guinea
List of countries that need to apply for a Visitors Visa before entering Vanuatu
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic
Sao Tome and Principe
Vanuatu Entry Requirements as per Tourist Visa
- The applicant should not be an illegal immigrant.
- The applicant should not be declared as unfit by a Minister to enter Vanuatu
- The applicant should be able to pass the character test.
- The applicant should be in excellent health condition and should not have an infectious disease that can pose a threat to the citizens of Vanuatu.
- The applicant should pass the security test.
- The applicant should be able to support himself/herself financially during the stay in Vanuatu
- The applicant must provide his/her travel itinerary showcasing his/her departure ticket from Vanuatu or an onward ticket to a different destination.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, then he/she needs to provide a written consent from his/her parents or legal guardians
Vanuatu Tourist Visa – Essentials
- The applicant should be located outside Vanuatu
- The applicant should complete and sign the Visitor Application Form
- The applicant needs to pay the visa application charge – 5,000 VT or 4.38 USD
- The applicant should need to provide a certified copy of his/her valid passport
- The applicant should be able to show his/her return ticket from Vanuatu or an onward ticket.
- The applicant should be able to show proof of sufficient funds during his/her stay in Vanuatu.
- The applicant should be able to showcase a genuine reason for departure from Vanuatu within a time period of 120 days. For this reason, an applicant can provide the following
-A letter from your current employer approving your leave
– Itinerary – booking reservations with a trusted tourism facility
-Proof of departure from Vanuatu – Return ticket
Applicants must note that all supporting documents should be translated into one of the following languages – English, French or Bislama
- Applicants under the age of 18 must have consent from parents or legal guardians for traveling to Vanuatu. The Principal immigration officer from the Immigration department also needs to be satisfied with the consent letter provided.
- Solo applicants under the age of 18 not traveling as part of an organized tour also need to show an undertaking from a Vanuatu citizen / Vanuatu visa holder during the applicant’s stay period that states that he/she will be responsible for food, accommodation and welfare of the applicant during the stay period.
For additional information on visa application forms online, check out this website.
Traveling to Vanuatu – Benefits
- Vanuatu offers a tropical climate and a great beach lifestyle
- Vanuatu has a welcoming population
- The country has a thriving economy and attractive real estate projects
- World-class healthcare and education facilities
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a Vanuatu visa free countries list?
If you are Vanuatu passport holder, then you can access these countries without a visa –
Abkhazia, Antigua and Barbuda, Andorra, Anguilla, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Columbia, Cook Islands, Comoros, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji Island, Finland, France, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Montserrat, Mozambique, Nauru, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Niue, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Island, Poland, Portugal, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Korea, South Ossetia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Timor and Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom Including Guernsey, Isle of Man and Jersey, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
How to get visa for Vanuatu ?
If you are traveling to Vanuatu and your intended stay is for a short period to time, you can apply for a Vanuatu Tourist Visa. You can check out the visa application forms here. But if you are planning to go to Vanuatu for your business obligations, you should then apply for a business visa.
Is Vanuatu open for tourism?
Yes, Vanuatu is open for tourists. After the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions, the country opened its borders for tourists in July 2022. From September 2022 there are no more Covid restrictions to tourists.
How to get Vanuatu citizenship?
You can get Vanuatu citizenship through the Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment Program. If you are a single applicant, you need to make an economic investment of $130,000 for Vanuatu citizenship.
For further information on Vanuatu, you can check out the following :