In this article, you will be able to find out about the eligibility requirements for the inclusion of dependents in the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program. The current standards were announced in 2020, and were received very favorably as “family friendly”. By broadening its ‘dependents’ definition and eligibility for the CBI, Antigua and Barbuda makes clear its efforts in welcoming investors and their families to its beautiful shores. Dependent siblings, grandchildren, and future spouses are also eligible for the CBI application.
Eligible Family members
As in 2022, the requirements remain the same. According to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) of Antigua and Barbuda, the following dependents are eligible for Citizenship by Investment Program:
- A spouse of the main applicant;
- A child of the main applicant or his or her spouse who is 0-30 years of age and is financially dependent on the principal applicant;
- A child of the main applicant or of his/her spouse who is 18 years or older, but who is physically or mentally handicapped and who is living with and is fully supported by the main applicant;
- A parent or grandparent of the main applicant, or his or her spouse, who is 55 years of age or older and who is financially dependent on the principal applicant;
- A sibling of the main applicant, or of his or her spouse, if unmarried;
- A future spouse of the main applicant. (A fee of $50,000 is payable upon application);
- A future spouse of dependent children where the dependent child is financially dependent on the main applicant; and
- A future child of a dependent child. (A fee of US$10,000 is to be payable for children under 6 years of age and US$20,000 for children 6-17 years of age)
Give your family a second home in the Caribbean
If you are thinking about acquiring a second passport in the Caribbean for you and your family, Global Citizen Solutions can help.
We are an investment migration consultancy firm providing tailor-made advice for investors seeking to diversify their portfolio and increase their worldwide mobility.
Applying for the Antigua and Barbuda CBI program is one of the most cost-effective ways for you and your entire family to get a second passport. Your new passport will give you unlimited access to the stunning and paradisiac Antigua and Barbuda, as well as visa-free access to over 140 countries. To learn more about the program, contact us today.