Today, Antigua and Barbuda announced that the entire family now qualifies for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment (CBI). Application fees for adult dependents and children dependents have also been considerably reduced.
This is excellent news both for incoming and current applicants of the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program. Under the new amendment, it will be easier for investors and their families to reunite under the CBI program as well as acquire Antigua and Barbuda citizenship.
By broadening its ‘dependents’ definition and eligibility for the CBI, Antigua and Barbuda is once more increasing its efforts in welcoming investors and their families to its beautiful shores. Sibling dependents, grandchildren, and future spouses are now also eligible for the CBI application.
‘Dependents’ under the CIB scheme are now considered:
- Spouse of the main applicant;
- Either the main applicant’s child or the spouse’s child, who is 0-30 years of age and who is either financially dependent or is physically or mentally handicapped and is fully supported by the main applicant.
- A parent or grandparent of the principal applicant or the spouse’s who is 55 years old or older and who is financially dependent on the principal applicant;
- A sibling of the principal applicant or the spouse’s that is unmarried;
- A future spouse of the principal applicant is eligible for a fee of US$50,000, payable upon application;
- A future spouse of dependent children where the dependent child is financially dependent on the principal applicant; and
- A future child of a dependent child. A fee of US$10,000 is to be payable for children under 5 years old and US$20,000 for children 6-17 years of age.
Cabinet also approved the following:
- The fee to add a child is US$10,000 for children under 5 years old and US$20,000 for children between 6-17 years old.
- The fees for extra adult dependents will be reduced from US$75,000 to US$50,000.
- There will be no time restriction on when a dependent may be added to an application.
Give your family a second home in the Caribbean
If you are thinking about acquiring a second passport in the Caribbean for you and your family, Global Citizen Solutions can help.
We are an investment migration consultancy firm providing tailor-made advice for investors seeking to diversify their portfolio and increase their worldwide mobility.
Applying for the Antigua and Barbuda CBI program is one of the most cost-effective ways for you and your entire family to get a second passport. Your new passport will give you unlimited access to the stunning and paradisiac Antigua and Barbuda, as well as visa-free access to over 130 countries. To learn more about the program, contact us today.