Charming beaches, lush green rainforests, amazing resorts along with great economic opportunities and tax benefits make the beautiful island country of Antigua and Barbuda an attractive destination for foreign investors. The country is also a member of the Commonwealth and therefore enjoys various benefits associated with it. Owing to its convenient location and accessibility, a huge number of tourists visit this country every year. Since the launch of the Antigua and Barbuda Permanent Residency Program in 1995, high net worth individuals across the globe have made Antigua and Barbuda their home through tax residency in the island nation. In this blog, we will help you to understand how to get permanent residence in Antigua and Barbuda.
Antigua and Barbuda Permanent Residency – Requirements
The Antigua and Barbuda Permanent Residency program is applicable only for foreign citizens. Here is a list of requirements that an applicant needs to meet to obtain Antigua and Barbuda Permanent Residency.
- The applicant needs to have permanent residence in the country
- The applicant must spend at least a period of thirty days in a year in Antigua and Barbuda.
- The applicant should have a minimum income of US$100,000
- The applicant should be able to make a flat tax payment of US$20,000 (per annum)
- The applicant should be of outstanding character
Once an applicant’s application is eligible for the Antigua and Barbuda Permanent Residency Program, he/she is given a Permanent Residency Certificate and a Tax Identification Number.
Antigua and Barbuda Permanent Residency – Application Process
- You need to collect all your documents, complete your application form and share it with the respective authorities
- Your application either gets approved or rejected within a time period of around two months
- If your application is approved, you along with your family are eligible for the residency program and a Permanent Residency certificate is issued
Why to obtain permanent residence in Antigua and Barbuda?
- The application time for Antigua and Barbuda Permanent Residency program takes around two-three months
- Antigua and Barbuda is one of the safest countries in the Caribbean
- Along with the primary applicant, the entire family is eligible for the permanent residence in Antigua and Barbuda
- Antigua and Barbuda has a thriving economy
- The primary applicant need to only spend 30 days per year in the country to maintain his/her permanent residency status
- The country recognizes dual citizenship
- The country has an attractive real estate market
- Antigua and Barbuda has good connectivity with popular destinations like London, New York, Miami and Toronto
- If the applicant stays in Antigua and Barbuda for a period of seven years or more, it can lead to Antigua and Barbuda citizenship through naturalization
Antigua and Barbuda Permanent Residency – Tax benefits
The Antigua tax residency program has multiple benefits. They are as follow:
- The country does not levy any income tax on worldwide income or assets
- There is no capital gains tax on worldwide income or assets
- There is no inheritance tax on worldwide income or assets
- There is no wealth tax on worldwide income or assets
Global Citizen Solutions – How can we help?
With offices in Portugal, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and Brazil, Global Citizen Solutions is a boutique investment migration consultancy dedicated to help all clients discover the right residency/citizenship program as per their requirements. Our team at GCS works closely with all applicants and guides them through their entire immigration journey – right from the very start till the end. So if you are looking for tailor-made solutions and a committed team to support you through your immigration process, then you can contact Global Citizen Solutions here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Antigua immigration requirements?
If you are planning to enter Antigua and Barbuda without an Antigua visa and stay there for a short period of time, then you need to meet the following requirements:
- A passport that will be valid for six months from your departure date
- A return ticket or onward ticket from Antigua and Barbuda
- Proof of your financial status
- Confirmation status of your accommodation in Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua immigration Covid restrictions?
- Fully vaccinated visitors does not need to provide a PCR /Rapid Antigen Test negative result to enter Antigua and Barbuda
- Partially/Unvaccinated visitors can enter the country if they –
-Provide a negative PCR result tested no more than three (3) days or Rapid Antigen Test that has been reported no more than 24 hours prior to arrival in the country
-Get a RT-PCR test on arrival at his/her own expense
– Quarantine for a minimum of ten days in their own homes
- Children less than five years old do not need to provide a Covid19 RT-PCR test while entering Antigua and Barbuda
For more travel information, you can visit the Antigua and Barbuda official website here.
Antigua and Barbuda passport rank?
Owing to its visa-free access to more than 140 countries across the globe, the Antigua and Barbuda passport ranks 63rd.
Antigua citizenship requirements?
To obtain Antigua citizenship through Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment program, you must have the following qualifications.
- The applicant should be over the age of 18
- The applicant should have excellent character
- The applicant should have no criminal record
- The applicant should be excellent health condition
- The applicant should be financially in a good position
- The applicant should reside in the country for a minimum of five days within five years after obtaining citizenship
- The applicant should be able to take the oath of allegiance in Antigua and Barbuda or in his/her nearest Antigua and Barbuda embassy or consulate
For further information on Antigua and Barbuda, you can check out the following articles: