A true gem of the Caribbean, St Kitts property investment is a viable opportunity for international investors looking to diversify their assets.
Not only is the island’s tourist industry booming, with the economy providing optimal investment returns, but the country also runs a very successful Citizenship by Investment Program. Buying St Kitts and Nevis-approved real estate offers the unique opportunity to receive a St Kitts and Nevis passport in a few short months.
Why St Kitts Property Investment Is a Good Idea:
Eight reasons to buy property in St Kitts and Nevis
- Enjoy a beautiful island in the Caribbean
- Great airport connection to the rest of the world
- Get high-return investment schemes in a privileged tourist destination
- Get St Kitts and Nevis citizenship by purchasing approved real estate property
- Availability of a variety of property types
- Get a St Kitts and Nevis passport for you and your family in 2 months
- Opportunity to purchase property as a single applicant or in joint ownership
- Low tax regime – no income, inheritance, or gift tax needed
Real Estate Market History and Overview
St Kitts is a Caribbean country situated between the Caribbean sea and the Atlantic ocean. It is composed of two islands: St Kitts – the bustling heart of the country’s economy – and Nevis – the smaller island, peaceful and charming. Blessed with incredible landscapes and stunning beaches, the country has successfully developed its tourism and real estate industries. From luxury villas and apartments to international hotels and classy resorts, the country has a wide range of real estate options.
Since 1984, St Kitts and Nevis introduced the Citizenship by Investment program, allowing foreigners to either invest in the Sustainable Growth Fund or approved real estate in exchange for a St Kitts and Nevis passport. The scheme dramatically propelled the country’s economy on the world market and continues to do so.
How to buy St Kitts and Nevis real estate
There are two ways to buy St Kitts and Nevis real estate as a foreigner:
- Apply for the Alien Landholding Licence – required for all non-nationals wishing to purchase property.
- Or buy a pre-approved property through the Citizenship by Investment program – the Alien Landholding Licence is not required in this case:
- Buy property in joint ownership, and invest a minimum of $200,000 for at least seven years, or
- Buy property as a single applicant, where an investment of at least $400,000 needs to be made. You can only resell the property after 5 years.
What are St Kitts and Nevis real estate prices?
In order to get St Kitts and Nevis real estate citizenship, you need to make a joint investment of at least $200,000. If you choose to buy property as a single applicant you will need to make an investment of at least $400,000.
If you do not want to be part of the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment program, you can purchase property at any price. However, you will need to apply for the Alien Landholding Licence, which amounts to 10% of the property value.
How can Global Citizen Solutions help with St Kitts property investment?
If you are looking for expert advice on St Kitts and Nevis real estate citizenship, talk to one of our specialists.
We offer a service tailored to your specific needs and requirements. Our team of experts will work diligently from start to finish, ensuring a successful application.
Professionalism and integrity are at the core of all we do.
Step-By-Step Guide on How to Acquire St Kitts Property
Requirements for non-nationals
Non-nationals need to follow several steps in order to acquire St Kitts and Nevis real estate for sale:
- Look for property and make an offer upon finding the right one.
- Once your offer has been accepted, it is recommended to hire a local attorney to review the Purchase and Sale Agreement, which should be contingent on approval of the application for an Alien Landholding License.
- Pay a 10% to 15% deposit upon signing.
- Apply for the Alien Landholding License – it takes 2 to 3 months to get approved and amounts to 10% of the property value.
- Once you’ve received the Alien Landholding License make the full property payment and receive a property certificate of title.
St Kitts and Nevis transaction costs
Below are the buyers’ required fees to purchase St Kitts and Nevis real estate based on the property value:
- Alien Landholding Licence = 10%
- Legal fees = 1%-2,5%
- Land assurance fund = 0,20%
Is It Worth Obtaining Real Estate in St Kitts and Nevis?
Yes, it is absolutely worth it. No matter your search criteria, there will be options for you. On St Kitts and Nevis real estate listings you will find everything from commercial property to your perfect vacation rental villa. Some of the most sought-after areas are Frigate bay, which is very popular among expats, and the south east peninsula of the island of St Kitts, with its large villas and beachfront properties near the golf course. You may try to find St Kitts and Nevis real estate for sale by owner, or purchase directly from the developers.
Not only is the island a true jewel of the Caribbean with booming tourism and real estate sectors, but it also provides foreigners with the incredible opportunity to obtain St Kitts and Nevis citizenship. With a St Kitts and Nevis passport, get favorable tax exemptions and the freedom of visa-free access to more than 140 countries. St Kitts and Nevis recognizes dual citizenship, allowing you to get the best of both worlds.