St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) gives qualifying investors the opportunity to obtain dual citizenship and tax-free worldwide income in the beautiful twin-island nation. Nestled in the Caribbean, the country offers a relaxed lifestyle of stunning scenery, crystal clear blue waters, white sandy beaches, and a tropical climate, making St Kitts & Nevis a globally popular destination for seeking a second passport.
In this guide, you can find out more about St Kitts’s second citizenship scheme including the:
St Kitts citizenship benefits
Citizenship by investment programs offers individuals the ability to obtain citizenship by investing in the country, usually in real estate or government bonds. Enshrined in the St Kitts and Nevis citizenship act, the twin-island established its own CIP program (citizenship by investment program) in 1984, just one year after its independence. As one of the oldest programs in the world, you can acquire citizenship by investment in this beautiful paradise by purchasing government-approved real estate or financially donating to the country’s Sustainable Growth Fund.
There are many St Kitts citizenship benefits to consider. From its booming trade and bustling tourism industry to its paradise beaches and offering of a peaceful and private lifestyle, the program’s unique benefits are enjoyed by global citizens worldwide.
1.Fast processing times
Get your application for St Kitts & Nevis CIP approved and processed in as little as four months.
2. Accelerated application process
A unique feature of the program offers applicants guaranteed citizenship (including passport) in 60 Days or less, provided that you pay the fast track fee.
3. Relaxed application requirements
No interview, language, or residency requirements necessary.
4. Passports for your family
The St Kitts and Nevis citizenship program also applies to the applicant’s family members, including dependent children under the age of 30 and dependent parents or grandparents over 55.
5. Visa-free travel to over 156 countries including key Schengen area
Enjoy traveling visa-free in Europe’s Schengen area, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, and more with a St Kitts and Nevis passport.
6. Lifetime dual citizenship
St. Kitts and Nevis provide lifetime dual citizenship to its applicants and qualified family members.
7. Low tax regime
No income, inheritance, or gift tax needed.
8. Meaningful contribution
Your contribution will assist in the continued prosperity of a growing nation.
Eligibility for St. Kitts citizenship by investment
In order to be eligible for St Kitts and Nevis second citizenship:
- You must be of outstanding character.
- You must have a clean criminal record.
- You must have excellent health.
- You must have a high personal net worth.
St Kitts second citizenship requirements
In order to fulfill the St Kitts citizenship by investment requirements, the applicant must:
- Be over 18 years old.
- Undergo a criminal background check.
- Prove his/her outstanding character through bank statements and employer references.
- Make a qualifying investment first, by either making a government-approved real estate purchase to the value of (or above) US$400,000 OR make a financial donation to St. Kitts and Nevis’ Sustainable Growth Foundation (SGF) to the value of (or above) $150,000.
What family members qualify for St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship by investment program?
A key benefit of the program is that it extends to the applicant’s family members, meaning they are also eligible for the citizenship program.
The following family members apply:
- Children of the main applicant or of the spouse, if: Aged under 18, aged 18 to 30 and in a dependency relationship with the parent OR aged 18 or over and physically/mentally challenged.
- Parents of the main applicant or of the spouse if aged 55 or above, and living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
- Grandparents of the main applicant or of the spouse if aged 65 or above, and living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
St. Kitts and Nevis passport by investment options
There are two main investment options to choose from to acquire St Kitts and Nevis second citizenship.
1. Sustainable Growth Fund
The Sustainable Growth Fund was created by the St. Kitts and Nevis government in 2006, offering an opportunity for investors to make a significant contribution to the economic and social prosperity of the twin-island nation.
As the most popular and direct investment path, the revenue from the fund is used to support sustainable growth initiatives in priority areas like education, health, climate change and resilience, infrastructure, tourism and culture, and the promotion of indigenous entrepreneurship.
Sustainable Growth Fund fee
UPDATE IN FEES:
St. Kitts and Nevis have rolled out revised fees for the citizenship by investment program. These modified rates will be available until 31 December 2020. This means families of up to four people can secure citizenship for $150,000 to the Sustainable Growth Fund, down from $195,000. Please note that the minimum contribution for a single applicant will remain at $150,000.
Due diligence fees
2. Real estate investment
The respective applicant must make a real estate investment that’s authorized by the government, which may be located either on St. Kitts or on Nevis. Applicants can pick from a host of real estate projects that are pre-approved already for investment.
The applicant must choose from one of the following real estate investment options:
- Minimum independent investment in property: $400,000 (resealable after five years for each main applicant).
- The minimum investment in property: $200,000 (resealable after seven years, for each main applicant).
Government application real estate fee
Important: The same due diligence fees as for the SGF application applies (outlined above.)
Accelerated Application Process
St. Kitts and Nevis second passport scheme offers a unique opportunity for candidates to fast-track their applications. The Accelerated Application Process guarantees successful applicants citizenship, including the issuance of passports in sixty days or under.
The Accelerated Application Process fee is as follows:
There is no direct taxation in St. Kitts and Nevis. What this means is, even if citizens live on the islands, they are not subjected to personal income tax, estate duty, inheritance or succession taxes, gift taxes, or net worth tax. However, some tax does apply to certain applicants.
Key tax considerations include:
- A corporate income tax of 35% of net profits. On the plus side, the nation offers relevant companies a tax holiday on corporate profits for up to 15 years. Nevis specifically does not levy tax on companies and foundations as long as no business is conducted on the island.
- There is a 10% withholding tax payable by both individuals and companies that remit payments to individuals outside of St. Kitts and Nevis.
- An annual property tax in St. Kitts and Nevis applies. This is minimal and calculated on the market value of the property. The current rate of VAT in St. Kitts and Nevis is 17%.
The application process for St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship program
St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship-by-Investment Unit (CIU) is the responsible body for processing all incoming applications.
The CIU will examine your application in detail and may request you to attend an interview, but this happens rarely. The CIU undertakes strict due diligence checks and will decline an application if the applicant makes a false statement or excludes any relevant information.
The applicant must personally complete all necessary government documents, which are only available through an authorized service provider.
Once the application is submitted, it takes the CIU between four to six months to process your application. If you’ve selected the Accelerated Application Process, then it will take between 30-60 days to process your application.
Note that under the real estate option, the time frame may vary depending on the development, so it is important to select a real estate project that complements the citizenship application efficiently.
After the application has been approved by CIU in principle, you must make your financial contribution associated with your investment option and pay the government and application fees. These will be released to the relevant parties. The Prime Minister will then sign your certificate of registration, and once this is issued, you’re entitled to apply for a passport.
Who can submit the application?
When submitting your application for St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship program, you must appoint an authorized person or entity approved by the Financial Services Regulatory Commission (FRSC) of St. Kitts and Nevis, licensed to conduct corporate or trust services in the nation. This means that the authorized person is able to act on your behalf in all matters related to the application, including serving as the main point of contact.
The St. Kitts and Nevis government has also approved international marketing agencies to provide information and promotional material related to the citizenship program. However, applications generated by International Marketing Agents are to be submitted to the CIU through authorized persons. Note that there are several blacklisted marketing agencies.
Get in touch with our specialists at Global Citizen Solutions for more information on how we can support you throughout your application.
Step-by-step guide for St Kitts and Nevis citizenship application
To apply for St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment, follow these simple steps to gain your second nationality.
1. Select a licensed authorized agent to process your application
Make sure they’re licensed to operate in St Kitts.
2. Complete all application forms
Complete all the application forms and necessary documents as provided by your authorized agent. Make sure all the documents are legalized according to St. Kitts and Nevis’ standards (more information on document requirements below).
3. CIU approves your application
Within three to four months of applying via the standard way, you should receive a confirmation letter with the status ‘approved in principle’. This means, your application is approved on the basis you will make your qualifying investment and provide proof of that respective investment.
4. Decide on your investment route & invest
Choose whether you want to invest in the Sustainable Growth Fund or make a real estate purchase, then make the investment.
5. Become a citizen
You have been granted citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis and can get a second passport.
St. Kitts and Nevis document requirements
Important information: Applications for citizenship cannot be lodged directly at the Citizenship-by-Investment Unit, instead it can only be handled by registered Authorised Persons.
Applicants are charged US$250 for each set of application forms issued. Application forms can be obtained from Authorized Persons.
For reference, the following forms in this guide are referred to as:
- Application for registration as a Citizen (Form C1)
- Photograph and Signature Certificate (Form C2)
- Medical Certificate (Form C3) including original results of HIV Test (HIV test is required for all persons applying for citizenship including children over 12 years). Note: The HIV test results must not be older than three months.
Sustainable Growth Fund forms
- Investment Confirmation/Escrow Agreement (Form C4)
Real estate forms
- Completed Purchase and Sales Agreement (Approved Real Estate Option)
Important: Forms C1, C2, C3, and C4 will be supplied by your local authorized person. (Only original application forms are accepted)
Applicants should fill out the application forms that can be obtained from any local corporate service provider or a lawyer licensed to practice in the Federation ( for a list of local service providers please visit www.fsrc.kn and go to the section labeled Service Providers.
Required documents for submission:
- Completed C1, C2, AND C3 application forms
- Original excerpt of full birth record or certified copy of the birth certificate.
- Certified copy of proof of name change (Deed Polls or jurisdictional equivalent, if applicable)
- Certified copy of current national identity card(s) (children under the age of 16 are exempted)
- Certified copy of current passport(s) showing name, photo citizenship/nationality, date and place of issue, expiry date, passport number, and issuing country.
- HIV Test Results must be no older than 3 months (children under the age of 12 are exempted)
- Police Certificate “certificate of no criminal record” or “police clearance certificate” from the country of citizenship and any country where you have lived for more than 1 year over the past 10 years ( children under the age of 16 are exempted)
- 6 photographs approximately 35 x 45mm in size, taken within the past six (6) months (N.B. one of the photographs must be certified and attached to the C2 form)
Other supporting documents required from the main applicant:
- At least 1 original professional reference (e.g. from an attorney, notary public, official accountant or other professionals of similar standing) not older than 6 months.
- Bank Statements for a 12 month period from the date of submission of application
- At least 1 original bank reference letter issued by an internationally recognized bank, not older than 6 months.
- Certified copy of Military Records or exemption from military service (if applicable)
- 1 original document of evidence of residential address (e.g. certified copy of a recent utility bill or bank statement showing full name and address, or written confirmation from a bank, attorney, chartered accountant, or notary public).
- Employment Letter(s) stating the start of employment, position held and salary earned
- Certified copy of Business License or Incorporation documents
- 1 Original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificate(s) if applicable (i.e. if married persons apply together).
- Certified copy of divorce documents (if applicable).
- Statement and evidence of source of fund to be invested in St Kitts and Nevis
- Affidavit of Financial Support for applicant’s between the ages of 18 -30
- Certified copy of University Degrees (if applicable)
- Limited Power of Attorney
What does the Saint Kitts and Nevis citizenship cost?
When thinking about the Saint Kitts and Nevis citizenship cost, there are a number of separate fees to consider.
Minimum investment: $150,000 for the Sustainable Growth Fund or $400,000 for real estate property
Sustainable Growth Fund fee: $150,000 for the main applicant and $25,000 for spouse, $10,000 per additional dependent.
Real estate government fee: $35,000 for the main applicant and $20,000 for spouse, $10,000 for children, regardless of age.
Due diligence fee (applicable for both investment routes): $7500 for the main applicant, $4,000 for children over 16 years old.
Application forms fee: $250 for each set of application forms
Passport fee: $350 per person
GCS professional fees: Contact us to discuss fees
Important note: For the Accelerated Application Process, separate fees apply (As stipulated in this guide, see above).