Iranian citizens are eligible for Saint Lucia Citizenship by investment program from September 2022, the CIP Unit has announced. The news have been published on 14th September 2022, and Mc Claude Emmanuel, Chief Executive Officer of the Citizenship by Investment Unit, declared that "The Unit has been able to secure relationships with due diligence service providers who are able to perform the usual thorough standard of due diligence on Iranians.” The Citizenship by Investment Unit had stopped accepting applications from citizens or residents of Iran in August 2018, due to security issues and lack of due diligence providers, according to declarations made at the time. Now that St Lucia citizenship by investment for Iranians is available again, Iranian citizens and their families to receive St Lucia citizenship in exchange for an investment in the country.
Benefits of Saint Lucia passport
- Visa-free travel to over 140 countries, including the European nations in the Schengen Area, the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore. For Iranian applicants, that's an excellent point, it provides greater mobility than the Iranian passport.
- Extendable to all the family, including spouse, children up to 30 years, parents, grandparents, and siblings.
- No residency or visit requirements. The whole process can be done remotely.
- Fast passport. According to the CIP Unit, application processing ties in 2020/2021 was 66 days on average.
- Tax freedoms. As a Saint Lucia citizen, you will not be subject to capital, wealth, and inheritance tax on worldwide income.
Investment optionsTo apply to the Citizenship by Investment Program and become a citizen of Saint Lucia, you have to chose one of of these five investment routes:
1. Donation to the National Economic Fund (NEF)
- Sole applicant: $100,000
- Applicant with spouse: $140,000
- Applicant with spouse and up to two other qualifying dependents: $150,000
- Each additional qualifying dependent, of any age: $25,000
- Each qualifying dependent in addition to a family of four (family includes a spouse): $15,000
2.Pre-approved real estate investmentThe applicant must invest a minimum of $200,000 in a real estate project that has been approved by the government - high-end branded hotels and resorts, or boutique properties.
3. Enterprise investmentThis option includes enterprises such as ruise ports and marinas, specialty restaurants, infrastructure, research, etc. A sole applicant has to make a minimum investment of $3.5 million, or contribute with at least $1 million in a joint venture investment of $6 million or more in total.
4. Government bondsSaint Lucia's citizenship by investment can also be obtained through the purchase of non-interest bearing government bonds, that must be held for 5 years.
- Minimum investment: $300,000