Visas and documents related to staying in Portuguese national territory, including Golden Visas, can be renewed on the SEF (Portuguese Foreigners and Border Service) website until 31 December 2023. A new law introduces a simplified procedure for processing requests for renewals of residence permits for investment, including Golden Visas. According to Article 207.º of the Portuguese State Budget for 2023 (Law number 24-D/2022), the simplified procedure predicts the following due diligence:
- Checking the relevant databases to see if the person has been convicted of a crime that would make them ineligible for renewal.
- Checking the relevant databases to see if the person is up to date on their taxes and social security payments.
Renewals are processing very fastThe automatic online renewal process introduced by SEF has been reported to be a quick process so far. Some of the first applicants who renewed their Golden Visa through this means reported receiving their new residency cards less than two weeks later. Additionally, a great advantage is that there does not seem to be a requirement to submit documents that SEF already has access to as part of your initial application. This means that you will not need to present a new criminal record, apostilles, biometrics, etc. While the initial Golden Visa application still includes an in-person biometrics visit and there remains a considerable application backlog, the fact that SEF now has less to do in terms of renewing existing applications can hopefully help clear the backlog at a quicker pace. If you're interested in the Portugal Golden Visa, contact us at Global Citizen Solutions to discuss your needs and how we can help you achieve your residence-by-investment goals.
Portugal Golden Visa Processing TimeThe processing time for the Portugal Golden Visa is as follows:
Why choose Global Citizen Solutions for your Portugal Golden Visa?
- Global approach by local experts: A team of experienced local case executives, immigration lawyers, and investment specialists based in Portugal.
- Independent service: We are not a marketing agency for any projects. You will access all eligible routes for the Golden Visa so you can decide on the best option, and your investment will benefit from the legal due diligence services of a reputable Portuguese Law Firm.
- 100% approval rate: We have the unique distinction of never having had a Golden Visa case rejected and have helped hundreds of clients from more than 35 countries.
- All-encompassing solution: Our dedicated onboarding and immigration teams will assist you throughout the process and beyond with a single channel of communication.
- Transparency: Our fees are clear and detailed, covering the entire process with no hidden costs.
- Privacy: Your personal data is stored within a GDPR-compliant database on a secure SSL-encrypted server.