Spain’s thriving economy, top infrastructure, and prime real estate market make investing in Spain an attractive option. To top it off, Spain’s Golden Visa Program welcomes investors to invest in the country, and in turn, obtain legal residency in Spain. This guide takes a look at why you should invest in Spain as well as how to successfully invest in the country.
Why invest in Spain?
Spain has long served as a magnet for foreign investors looking to set up a business or invest in properties. One of the primary reasons for this is that the Spanish government actively supports foreign investment opportunities with a number of schemes like the Spain Golden Visa.
Here are ten reasons to invest in Spain:
- Invest in Spain and get residency in two months for yourself and your family
- As Spain is part of the EU, investors get instant access to the European market
- Investor-friendly policies to support startup businesses
- Excellent geographical positioning with North African, Latin American, and the Middle Eastern markets
- Fantastic infrastructure and logistics
- Developed maritime sector
- Local Spanish authorities actively involved in attracting foreign investors to Spain
- Country globally ranks 9th in terms of openness to foreign investments
- Some of the world’s top 100 companies have set up shop in Spain
- Developed tourism industry with a surge in renting short-term properties
Investment opportunities in Spain
If you’re thinking of diversifying your investment portfolio, then consider Spain, a haven for foreign investors. Some of the main sectors to invest in include stocks, Spanish businesses, or real estate.
Main investment opportunities in Spain:
- Tourism sector
- Real estate sector
- Chemical sector
- Biotechnology sector
- Automobile and aerospace industries
- Naval construction
- Textile and leather industry
- Wine and food-processing industry
- Telecommunications and infrastructure
- Energy and green technologies
Where to invest in Spain?
Where to invest in Spain depends on where you’ll get the biggest return for your investment, as well as what sector is profitable and fits your objectives.