Located in the middle of the Mediterranean sea, Malta is characterized by its beguiling blend of cultures, quiet villages, outdoor activities, and mesmerizing beaches tucked between secret coves. Some say the sun never stops shining in Malta, which is understandable given the island gets about 3,000 hours of sunshine each year.
In recent years, Malta has attracted the likes of families, investors, and business-oriented individuals looking to enhance their quality of life and safeguard their freedoms. Thanks to the Malta Permanent Residence Program (MPRP), third-country nationals (non-EU) can obtain Malta residency by investment. Successful investors acquire a Certificate of Maltese Residence, which enables them and their family members to settle down in Malta and permanently live on the Mediterranean island.
In this Residency in Malta Guide, you’ll learn more about:
- What the Malta residency by investment program is
- Key program benefits
- How to get Maltese residency
- Step-by-step process to a successful application
- Timeline to acquiring Maltese residency
- Document requirements
- Program costs breakdown
And so much more!
MALTA RESIDENCY PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Successful applicants obtain the right to settle, stay, and gain permanent residence in Malta
- Visa-free travel access across the Schengen area (90 out of 180 days on a rolling basis for countries in the Schengen area)
- Up to four generations can be included in a single application
- Property investment options from €110,000
- Access to Malta’s thriving real estate market
- Access to healthcare and education opportunities
- Must only hold onto the investment for five years
What is the Malta Residency By Investment Program?
The Malta Permanent Residence Program (MPRP) is a residency by investment program that enables successful applicants to obtain a Certificate of Maltese Residence, entitling them to reside in Malta with their family members indefinitely. The program is ideal for individuals with enough capital assets looking to enhance their mobility and quality of life.